View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
macgirl
geeky girl
macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone 3GS, former Kindle owner
So, I just ordered a Kindle...

They're out of stock, of course, but I submitted my order anyway (hoping desperately that it will arrive before I take off for vacation in early May). I am a long-time ebook reader via Palm PDA's (primarily eReader books since the late '90s). I now have an iPhone and rarely carry my Palm Tungsten T5 with me anymore. I never really liked the T5 as an ebook reader to begin with (I had a Sony Clie NX70v that was an excellent reader, and I regret selling it), but it was convenient since my Palm used to do so much more for me.

I did eye the Kindle when it was released, but declared it hideous and too expensive. Now my commute to work by train has tripled to 1 hour due to a recent move and an ebook reader moved to the top of my list to help pass the time (I can only watch so many movies and listen to so many podcasts and music on my iPhone). I did read about the Cybook reader (the Sony reader is out - I use a Mac and just can't support a company that does nothing for Mac users), but the wireless capabilities of the Kindle are really what sold me - the last thing I want to do is spend time on the computer each night after getting home late to hunt down new books and sync them. I'm sure the industrial design will bug me (if it is indeed as ugly as pictured), but I'll probably get over it.

I just wanted to say hello, and ask the collective group to cross as many fingers as possible that they'll be available soon and I'll get mine before I'm required to drag a pile of paper books with me on vacation in May to read while lazing on a beach...
macgirl is offline   Reply With Quote