View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
I can't say I really agree with him and the psychobabble he uses, but at least it's got some kind of structure and thought behind it. Certainly beats Elizabeth Gilbert and her moon-eyed ravings about creativity and divine sparks . . .

Cheers for posting it.

Regards,
Ryan

I love Gilbert, but then again my mentor is Ray Bradbury and my gospel is "Zen in the Art of Writing". Also I'm a free culture advocate and ascribe to the theory that our world is changing drastically into a new culture and as Eben Moglen puts it:

No poet will ever go unpublished now

We're moving away from the profit incentive, the write-what-will-sell to the write-your-passion model. Again I have to quote Eben Moglen when he said (talking about the music industry, but it transfers to all creative individuals)

"There will be no ten million dollar artists. But a million artists making a living, not having to take a day job."

Anybody who's interested in Gilbert can watch her great TED talk here: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/e...on_genius.html
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote