View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikayn View Post
Okay, I failed python programming so I'm lost here.

My requirement is simple, I want books sorted on disc as they would be on bookshelf, that is lastname, firstname. I thought that I had selected that in preferences, but when I just loaded a set of directories (folders) into calibre there they are all renamed.

Now I was loving the renaming function until it crossed me.

This is a make or break for me, I thought Calibre was great until I discovered I can't seem to organise my folders as I want them. I don't care how the books are sorted within the author folders, I can live with whatever, but I do care how the authors are sorted.

Maybe the instructions are already here, but if so they are too high level for me.
Read this sticky. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175

Bottom line is it does not matter how Calibre STORES books.
Calibre will deliver the selected titlles (and set format) to your device with a click of a mouse.
Pteferences (and tweaks) control how things are displayed in the Bookshelf.
Plugboards and device templates control how the SENT book is named
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote