View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #15
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
And if you have a subfolder with a collection of pics in the image folder, as already described as well, you can "tap through" the collection of pics in this folder like a book.
I see that putting the images in a .zip file still works like on the K4 as well.

My /mnt/us/images folder contains "pics.zip", and that zip file shows up in my documents with a "44 items" comment.

Clicking the zip file shows my pictures (about 20 seconds to open my zip file with 44 photos), and I can tap through the collection. I do not need a subfolder.

That means that we can view comic book files by renaming them from *.cbz to *.zip.

Although zip-file collections may be easier to put on the kindle, subfolders are probably faster to access, but zip-renamed comic books are probably easier to keep organized by keeping them zipped, and just live with the slow initial loading of the picture viewer when it is used with zip files.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-15-2012 at 12:45 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote