View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #163
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
Not quite, I believe they are embedded into the metadata file.
I don't understand the distinction you are trying to state in the above sentence. I am also unfamiliar with the mobi structure but the covers for both ePub and Mobi books that have been converted by calibre will be embedded as part of the book. Not a separate entity/file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
Covers generated by this plugin are not accessible this way, though. They are in there somewhere, as when you go to preform any actions on the book you can see a miniature version of the cover, and they are visible there.
Any cover, whether generated by this plugin or grabbed off the internet act the same once the book is converted to Mobi. I believe to see the cover of a Mobi book on the Kindle you have to use the menu and select Go To cover? Again, the Kindle or Mobi forums might help you understand this better.

Good Reading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote