View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:41 AM   #162
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If they are part of the file then I believe they will be accessible by going back a page from the first page, doing this usually will show you the cover. I believe this is a feature of Mobi that usually the books open to the first page. For specifics on this wonderful feature you might want to ask in the Kindle or Mobi forums.

I don't believe, that for the Kindles, the covers are sent to the device separately. I believe the Kindle uses the cover that is embedded in the book.
Not quite, I believe they are embedded into the metadata file.

But that's exactly what I'm talking about, though. If you try to go back from the first page, yes, the cover if exists is supposed to be seen. This is true of both purchased books, and the covers created by the Calibre by default - whether it is just a screenshot of the first page or if it was generated in the "edit metadata" menu.

Covers generated by this plugin are not accessible this way, though. They are in there somewhere, as when you go to preform any actions on the book you can see a miniature version of the cover, and they are visible there.
iatheia is offline   Reply With Quote