View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #8
rooster3888
rooster3888 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Why mess with success? Stick with the Sony, it still has the same great build quality that took your books with you around the world. It's been updated with a better screen, and loading your books back on would be a snap.

The solid feel of the Sony is one of the reasons why I got my PRS-600 in January. I hope mine lasts as long as yours did.
Yeah, I think I'm going to go ahead and send my PRS 500 in for the $75 credit. In the end, if it lasts as long as my 500, the incremental cost difference is pretty small... I like the Amazon book store, and its international capabilities, but I really like the reliability of Sony's reader, its touch screen, and that it uses ePub. I ruled out the Nook since it has an older screen. Its screen isn't terrible, but I like the e Ink pearl.

It chaps me a little that Sony didn't even include wireless on the PRS-650. I would snap it up in a second if it just had wireless (I'm not that concerned w/ 3G). But as it is, I'll grab the PRS-950.

I'm also glad that Sony is coming out w/ an iPhone app. That will make my books portable in times when I don't have my reader with me. Outstanding.

Thanks for the input, everyone!
rooster3888 is offline   Reply With Quote