View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Personally, I love Sony's build quality. I've never had a problem with the reader's software, but the PC library software used to be buggy. I haven't had an problems with it since they updated it last year.

My only issue with any of the Sony's was last year's 600 & 900. The touchscreen coating was a mis-step for Sony. Everything else about the reader I loved. I just did the trade in of my broke screened PRS 505 and got a shiny new prs 650. Personally, I think it's their best reader yet. The pages are crisp, page turns are faster than ever, the software is easy to use and of course, the aluminum body makes it feel solid and well built. Wifi isn't important to me, so I haven't taken that into consideration. If I had one wish it would be to have built in front lighting. I'm hoping that a prs-750 is in the works.

I would advise you to get the reader that you really want. You'll enjoy it more if you don't look at it and wish it were another. Once you divide the price by 4 years, it may seem worth it.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote