View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #81
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Been playing with the plugboard for the smart series prefix. Now I tried to add a suffix that would show me a brief shortening of the tag info. I really only use tags on a very basic level. In fact, most of the tags are blank, indicating a SF book. So I created a composite genre column with this template:
{tags:.2:ifempty(SF)}

Works. Mostly. Except in situations where the tag function has two entries. Say Bio,Humour. In ALL such cases, the result is the first two letters of the last tag entry. Hu in the cited case.

Now, in some cases, this actually has a desired affect. I have tags that read AJ,YA and Angela,YA for my nephew and niece (I try to pre-read whatever I give them). The genre is showing up as YA. And I can certainly live with that.

Ultimately, I LIKE the overall result of the last tag being the one that is used. But can I count on that behaviour going forward, as it would seem to be a sort of bug?

Regards, GM

Last edited by Gary_M_Mugford; 10-25-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote