View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #446
edddh
edddh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX / Nook Touch
Tricks to make a Kindle external monitor more effective for daily usage

Hi all and many thanks for your great contributions.

Since I really cannot use my Laptop with backlight at the evening, following this thread I just bought a brand new kindle DX. I then followed all your instructions and successfully managed to connect the Kindle to have an external monitor for my laptop. Nice (your) job!

Let me make clear first that although I like Linux, I need to work with Windows (now I have Windows 8 but I might change it) for many reasons.

Now I have a configuration that works well enough for my purpose, however it seems to me that there is space for improvement:

1) Both laptop LCD and external VGA do not have a resolution that matches exactely with the Kindle. I have spent hours to find a solution: change the resolution for the external VGA in Windows 8, even creating a custom monitor .inf, however it did not work; find a VNC server that works with a virtual Windows desktop, however I did not find one that worked. Does anyone have a solution to have a VNC server sending a virtual desktop with resolution 1200x824 to the Kindle?

2) I do not care if the refresh is slow, however the behaviour of the mouse obviously makes the usage a bit tiring and difficult, although perfectly feasible. Do you have any configuration or trick to have ONLY the mouse movement more fluent?

I chose the Kindle DX because I knew of its excellent screen and because I understood from your posts that the solution was available and reliable, however I am very open to change device, so please do not hesitate to give me some different advice, for example change for the M92 and so on! (I can still return the Kindle DX without costs)

Thanks in advance for your support!
edddh is offline   Reply With Quote