View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #790
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjeter View Post
Doukan doesn't recognize the TOC on PDF. How do you get to access to it?
It does. If you press menu and then D (Go To...) and then A for Directory, it will show the TOC on PDF (created using bookmarks in Acrobat) flawlessly. I just rechecked it as I write this. Duokan lite does not give you access.

Moreover, Duokan lite also does not show the PDF process bar or page numbers. So if the book by any chance does not have page numbers, one feels totally lost. It does not also allow the PDF file in reflowing text. Although this feature in Duokan too is limited as line breaks in original PDF file appear as paragraph breaks which is a bit disconcerting. I had hoped that this would be addressed in some future release but in this regard Duokan lite is a step behind.

The only things likable about Duokan Lite are its ability to render PDF text niccely, smaller (about 1/4th) disk space needed and the ability to switch between Kindle and Duokan OS. But when it came to handling and display of PDF files, Duokan was feature rich. If Duokan could render PDF text as nicely that would be great. Else, the developers should consider integrating excellent features of Duokan.

I did not test, and do not know, whether Duokan Lite handles Word and HTML files and whether it allows for font substitution (which one can do in Duokan after installing fonts through font hack.)

Duokan lite can be great, if it integrates the features of Duokan, and also allows you to reflow text of PDF files properly, letting you select the font and so on...
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote