View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #70
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRD View Post
Hi, Not sure if I am in the right Thread etc but I am a 'newbie' so here goes. I have just purchased my first ebook reader, off ebay brand new from Hong Kong at a very reasoable price, trouble is I'm not sure what I have bought!!

The very tiny Users Manual has MID written on the front it has a fair ammount of 'Apps' on it Wi-Fi one of them, when I switch it on 'Android' comes up on the screen hence my trying this forum for help.

How do I go about uploading ebooks etc as that is the prime reason I bought it! Any help would be very gratefully received, thanks in anticipation.
If it is a product with Android OS, there should be an application called "market". That's the Android store, similar to the iTunes concept.
In that "market", you can purchase and download apps - directly on your gadget, without PC/Mac.

In addition, you can do an easy test. On ereader.com/android you find a reader for direct download, without the use of the "market" app. Just direct the mobile browser on your gadget to that link, download and install.
You can read PDB files with that app. For example from the Barnes & Noble (nook) store.

And you should find "about" in the settings menu with specifics about the OS.

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-21-2010 at 11:44 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote