View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
darseno
Connoisseur
darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!darseno rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_9k View Post
This is a very basic attempt to transform the Perseus Project's XML Lewis and Short Elementary Latin dictionary into a mobi/Kindle format.
How fast can you look up a given word? I don't have a Kindle, so I don't know how the dictionary works. I assume you have to leave the book you're reading, call up the dictionary, type in the word, read the definition, and return to the book, which must take quite some time.

I was thinking about trying to convert this very dictionary, since I always keep a printed copy of Lewis's Elementary handy when reading Latin on my device. It's the only dictionary that's both complete enough to actually be useful and compact enough to be convenient.

An electronic version would be a space saver, but will it be a time saver?
darseno is offline   Reply With Quote