View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #16
Katy Did
Katy Did began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
This begs the question: Is this bluish tinge on the Glo an issue when reading ? a bother or annoyance ? if not then who cares that it's bluish, if yes then please someone explain.
I think Amazon's marketing of the Paperwhite has done a great job in convincing people that a brighter, whiter light is the best light for reading. Goodereader especially seem to rate the various models according to the brightness and whiteness of the display, and rate the Nook Glowlight below the Kobo Glo partly because the Glo has the brighter light. Yet I don't think the Nook was ever designed to be startlingly bright and white, but rather the optimum light for reading, "softer" and "warmer" than an LCD. Of course, whether it is or not is another question, but I definitely don't think a light being whiter and/or brighter automatically makes it the best light to read in. If that were the case then we might as well all buy tablets!

I've played with a couple of Kobo Glos in the store and can't say I noticed them being particularly bluish, but even if they're bluer than the Paperwhite, I don't see why that should necessarily make them worse to read on. On the other hand, the light was a LOT more uniform than many pictures of the Paperwhite I've seen here, which probably is something that would make for a better reading experience.
Katy Did is offline   Reply With Quote