View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
I am certain that the e-ink screen is capable of displaying non anti-aliased text on a hardware level. Take a look at the paginator display. It is drawn with crisp individual black pixels with no anti-aliasing around them. So the screen is capable of it.

Surely the software could use a 1:1 bitmap font and achieve the same clarity with text???
Since eInk readers sell for at least two years, your trouble with antialiasing is the first example of it I read about on those (very active) forums, and there isn't massive reaction of people saying they have the same problem, I imagine there isn't much public demand for such feature. Possibly the most easily attainable non-aliased mode on a reader would be to acquire a reader capable of running open source OpenInkpot, and add the neccessary code in it.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote