View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
zupapa
zupapa began at the beginning.

Device: eeePC 901
PDF formatting scripts for eee PC

Hi,

I'd like to contribute a couple of scripts that I'm using on my eee PC 901. They format text (plain, compressed text, rtf or html) files to pleasant to read PDF files.

You can see the resulting pdf in the attached image. The scripts (written for bash and python) are in the attached archive text_formatter.tar.gz .

The scripts are tested only under Ubuntu (8.04). You must have latex, dvipdfm, python, evince, bunzip2, unzip, unrtf, html2text and the standard gnu command line tools (gawk, sed etc... ) installed. (they all are packaged in the Ubuntu repository). You must copy the attached scripts somewhere along your path, for example /usr/local/bin . The scripts currently stupidly use the global /tmp directory, and are basically just a quick hack to get the job done.

I'm hoping that someone finds these scripts useful, and can modify them for their own use. I don't have the time to give any kind of support for these scripts. However, if someone has a cool improvement or important bug fix, I'd like to hear about it.

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8196.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	23283  
Attached Files
File Type: gz text_formatter.tar.gz (2.3 KB, 333 views)
zupapa is offline   Reply With Quote