View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
I've done a test with an ePub and restructured it into an AZW3. I simply exploded the AZW3 and deleted all the files/folders, then pasted in everything from an exploded ePub, (except the META-INF folder). Finally I renamed content.opf to metadata.opf and rebuilt the AZW3.

Kindle Previewer was perfectly happy with the result, including the TOC. This is much faster than doing a conversion. The only odd thing is that the ePub is 203KB and the AZW3 is 319KB. Looks like I can therefore write a simple plugin to do this job.

One issue I have found with ePub to AZW3 is that Kindle Previewer complains that there is a "Missing Cover Image" and that this is "an integral part of the Kindle reading experience". This happens whether calibre does the conversion or I use my restructure method.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote