View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #13
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
To be honest I think somebody like blackberry is actually doing more to convert feature phone users than android due to pricing (8500 series) or form factor (pearl).
Well I haven't seen any studies on such a thing so I can't comment on who is more successful in bringing in more first time smartphone users. And I would not be to surprised if what you said is true.

I can just go by my experience, that everyone I known who has bought a BlackBerry has either stopped the service or went to another solution. Also everybody I know who buys a new smartphone has also chosen either apple or android. Also chances are that I too will be buying an android phone.

Also note RIM has been doing smartphones for some time. And has a leg up on android and apple. However there are many manufactures that have adopted the android platform. These devices range from feature phones to entry level smartphones to high end smartphones.

RIM's dominance of the past cannot be used for an argument for its future dominance the field has changed much since a year ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Some of the posters on crackberry are seriously tedious at times, anyone who dares to voice the opinion that maybe blackberry aren't doomed and aren't terrible get shouted down by the former bb owners who have hung around like a bad smell.
Given the age of your storm's battery and the likely lack of memory it isn't surprising that it has poor battery life.
Yeah that is true, but I find them more amusing than annoying.

Also my comment about the battery life has been true since day one(almost two years now). My storm has never lasted past the day without having to charge it. Amazingly my battery life has not deteriorated much, to the point I can't notice a difference.

Again I'll reiterate I think that battery life is mostly tied to screen size.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote