View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Hi all,

I have two French dictionaries in mobipocket format, and some French books in my Cybook. The problem is when I look up a word in a French book, only one of the dictionaries is searched, while the other seems to be used for English books (I've had some matches from this other dictionary when looking up a word in English).

I understand this is probably a matter of language settings, however both dictionaries seem to have the same language, according to mobi2mobi:

Code:
MOBIHEADER language: 1036 - 12 - 1 - FRENCH -
while the French books are created with html2mobi, and have:

Code:
MOBIHEADER language: 12 - 12 - 0 - FRENCH -
I didn't find any significant difference between the two dictionaries. The "right" one seems to be utf8-encoded, larger, and I have it in the SD card. The "wrong" one is latin1-encoded, smaller, and it's in the main Cybook memory. (I still haven't tried moving them.) Any ideas on how to fix the "wrong" one?
A problem related to formats or cybook would probably be better handled in the Cybook group but as I recall the Cybook needs the dictionary to be in the main memory, not on a card.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote