View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #303
beckybug3
Enthusiast
beckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Touch, a dead Kobo Aura HD, and a dead Kobo Wifi
Just got my Aura (waited until I saw it was in stock). It is black and I got the black sleep cover. Here are my thoughts after 48 hrs:

I had a white wifi & white Touch previously. The black cover doesn't show dirt, wear, & tear like they did. Between kids, grandkids, dogs, etc. I was constantly fighting greasy dirty spots on them.

I love the shape of the aura. And I like how the cover conforms to it. I do wish I could open the cover backwards (a little easier to hold- I'm extremely left handed).

The new home page is a little cluttered but not too bad. Wish I could 'set up' the home page though. I'd permanently remove the 'related to' boxes, the finished books, and would install an open book list. I know I can remove these things individually, but would like them to never show up in the first place. And as a person who is reading 5 - 8 books at a time, I wish another open book would appear when I finish the last one.

I REALLY miss the little scroll thingie I had on my Touch when I accessed the library. If I'm looking for a Book that starts with the letter 'M' I hate having to swipe my finger 60 odd times across the bottom and hope that I do not accidentally open a different book. (I have 800+ books- yes I can archive, but I don't want to).

My one issue has been when I turn on the reading light (25 - 35% is best for me). It sometimes will turn the light off before I get done with a page. Normally I read fast, but distractions happen- and the light is only staying on for less than 60 seconds. Does anyone have a solution for this?

My only other complaint is that I wish the cover had a pocket to hold the charging cable. I am constantly on the go and need to charge in multiple situations and locations.

Overall. I LOVE the Aura, and as I get used to all of the quirks I'll only love it more.
beckybug3 is offline   Reply With Quote