View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
myral
Enthusiast
myral began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PocketBook 360, Kindle 2, CyBook gen 3
Greetings from Greece

Hello everybody on the forum.
Ever since my first desktop computer, I've been day-dreaming about being able to read literature on a portable device. When I finally acquired an HP iPac, I was in heaven (a short-lived one, as the screen proved non child-resistant) and I've continued to regularly contribute to the wellbeing of Fictionwise since that time, although sometimes I think that I'm the only one in Greece who has discovered e-books.

This forum of like-minded enthusiasts (with far more technical knowledge than bookworm me...) has made me feel less isolated at last. Thank you all for your interesting insights and discussions, as I'm kind of looking around for an e-ink device at the moment.

By the way, did anyone notice this announcement on the Readius blog?:

"Readius at Frankfurt Book Fair 15 to 19 October
Fri, 10/10/2008 - 18:54 — Thomas van der Zijden, VP Marketing and Sales

Interested to have a look at Readius, the first pocket eReader? A visit to the Frankfurt Book Fair next week will offer you this opportunity. On Wednesday morning at 10am at the Forum Innovation (Hall 4.2, P421) Polymer Vision will present Readius as the ideal eBook & information companion for people on the move. Across the 5 days of the largest book fair in the world Readius will be on show at the MVB booth, Hall 4.0, D1339, as well.
Hope to meet you next week in Frankfurt, Thomas"

Do you think that the Readius will ever appear in the stores , or should I settle for a Cybook or Bebook?

I really wish for a real multiformat device with both secure MS lit, Mobipocket and eReader, as most of my e-books are in those formats, but that seems to belong in a Sci-Fi novel - far more than the miraculous reading devices themselves!

Hello, again, and greetings from Athens (still in the dead-tree age, alas).
myral is offline   Reply With Quote