View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #36
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post
hold shotgun 5 MM from shoulder!
Once I was using by Dad's very old side-by-side 12G. I was still learning at that stage, and one of the things I was yet to learn was how to seat the butt of the gun firmly into my shoulder (it was lighter than the gun I was used to using). I had been doing badly all day, but the clincher came when I managed to accidentally pull both triggers at once. I have no idea whether I hit the clay target or not (I might have scared it to death , but it definitely did hurt my shoulder. It didn't come close to knocking me over (except, perhaps, in surprise) but it did leave a faint bruise. I learned to hold the gun better after that - experience being very a good teacher.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote