View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #35
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I wonder if this is the generation gap showing, because I wouldn't mind an Anime-esque cover on a book I'm reading. There's no real difference in the quality of the artist, just a different style.

Then again, in sci-fi and fantasy, the cover usually has nothing to do with the book, so who really cares?
You have a point, it might be generational, at least in part, though I would hesitate to place all of it on that one factor. I think a bigger part of it is simply association.

Most people in the industry can recognize a "bodice ripper" by the cover alone. Many urban fantasy covers are stylistically similar, as are many SF covers. Each of these styles of cover sends a message about the contents, which either attracts or repels certain readers based on their tastes or possibly their preconceptions. Anime covers are going to work exactly the same way. They will appeal to some, and not appeal to others.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote