View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks Corkobo. Yes it is a bit 'mad,' but also not done on the spur of the moment. Just for a bit of background I spent a few years attempting to make money writing some 20 years ago and it ended with me going back to the corporate world and swearing that I'd only write what I wanted to and what my muse directed me to and I've done that over those years. Still I always thought I'd get back to it at some point and had semi-serious intentions of doing it in 2013 -- so though this happened a year early -- it was somewhat on the radar. I've actually been working towards it pretty seriously for the last 10 years, getting my finances in order etc. And while it is a risk, I'm not doing it without some small resources and planning. Still it has not gone as well as I'd hoped. I'm in the process of evaluating and and may be doing so the next few weeks. Nothing is set in stone.

Your situation sounds pretty typical, I think many follow that same pattern. The real difference in being a writer is pushing ahead despite the unknowns and getting the words on the page. I would definitely recommend reading Stephen Pressfield's "The War of Art" -- it might inspire you to fight the resistance
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote