View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I am familiar with the diaresis, more common I think in British than American usage. The most common use I have seen is in "cooperation". I wouldn't use it myself in preparing an e-book, preferring "co-operation". However, if the original text uses it, what are you to do?

I just use the extended character set, select the vowel with the umlaut, and hope for the best. I'd be interested to see which character sets would produce a strange result.

Mind, I always use Calibri through clunky Microsoft Word, so I'm not sure this has been a problem to affect me.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote