View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 05:10 AM   #12
Spacejock
Hal Spacejock & yWriter
Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacejock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i get the impression that he wants to keep track of how many downloads there are, which is why it's not good to have copies available elsewhere, but probably format shifting for your own personal use is fine with him.
Absolutely right. I'm tracking downloads, and the higher the count the more excited my publisher will be about the whole 'giving it away free' concept. No problem with format shifting for your own use though.

The second part of the equation is word of mouth. People talking about the books, reviewing them, blogging about them, etc. You can't buy word of mouth ... all any writer can do is put out the best book they can and hope people discover & enjoy it.

Cheers
Simon
Spacejock is offline   Reply With Quote