View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Need more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I think I posted this in the wrong forum earlier. I'll try again.

I am trying to find a way to create a column that will hold and display the author's last name only. I created such a column but I have to hand enter the name. I use this to create my download file name, (Poe-Raven, The.epub)

I would also like to know how I can get the new title_sort field to display as a column and also use it to create my download name. I have been doing this by had as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards - John
Hi John
I need to see an example of the info you have in the Authors and Author_sort fields too figure this out.

However if you create a custom column, choose Column Type as "Column built from other columns", enter
Code:
{title_sort}
in the template field should work.
But maybe I'm not quite understanding your request.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote