View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:27 AM   #175
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdp View Post
Hi,
haven't been around for some time, but yesterday had the chance to try the latest binary of kpdfviewer on my DXG and the progress is remarkable. Thanks to all developers working on this!
It seems to work very well for 2-column docs already. Is the landscape mode (90 degrees rotation) compatible with the different zoom modes? Haven't tested this extensively, but when I tried to zoom to content width when in landscape it messed up the frame buffer so badly, that I had to restart the device in order to fix it.
Did you use the landscape support from the native system or kpdfviewer? The landscape mode provided by kpdfviewer should be compatible with different zoom mode (at least for my k3).

Currently, the 90 degree rotation in kpdfview is achieved with a low-level approach, which is much faster but the drawback is the native system will not be able to poll the changes. That is to say, if you were in portrait mode before going into kpdfviewer and changed to landscape mode while reading, the native system will not notice the changes and when it tries to update the screen, the screen will mess up.

So we saved the screen rotation mode on kpdfviewer start and restore it after kpdfviewer exit to avoid the screen mess. This works for my K3 (except for screen saver), however if you use the auto screen rotate in DXG, it may cause issues (I don't have a DXG to test with ;-P).
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote