View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 06:15 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
PDF metadata and covers

I've finally installed Calibre in a new netbook I've got...

I have a couple of questions about PDFs.

When I import a PDF, it seems Calibre is not reading the metadata, instead the title is taken from the filename and the author is Unknown. The PDFs are created with LaTeX/hyperref (and they're uploaded to MR), and the title and author are seen by pdfinfo and ebook-meta. The PDF metadata reader plug-in is enabled, as far as I can tell, and the "read metadata from files" box is checked (it works fine for Mobi files), did I miss any other setting? Also, is there a way to re-read all metadata from a given file and assign it to the book entry?

I think I have read in some thread (no, it's in the changelog) that Calibre could read covers (that is, the first page) from PDF files, however my PDFs get only a generic cover assigned. Is there a way to automatically use the first page as cover? I'm only interested in the library management part of the program now, not on the conversion features.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote