View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #143
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Well, Tompe, piracy is illegal and wrong --- borrowing a pbook from a friend or buying second hand is not, but is one of the intended uses. If a book sells well second hand it is actually good for the author publisher (the original buyers have more money to spend on new books and are confident that they will be able to sell any new books they buy now). Why compare an innocent fair-rights use that is good for the copyright holder with piracy? Satisfied?
Because, under current law, if I make a copy of an ebook to loan it to my mother, the penalty is the same as if I make a copy and upload it to a torrent site. They are both considered piracy under the law.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote