View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #14
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
My experience has been that I can use the screen on my e-reader for hours at a time, without any of the attendant aches or strains that would be induced by using my laptop screen for a similar period.

That said, I suspect most of the advantage to the e-reader comes from being able to readily change posture and position. The lack of back-lighting is a secondary consideration.

Having correctly-prescribed spectacles (if required) is also essential, as is of course sensible lighting.

However, I would (and did!) find it impossible to use an old CRT display for anything like the periods of sustained use that I can give to a laptop screen or an e-reader.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote