View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Sometimes you get attributions like "By <big name author> with <real author in smaller type>", which I always find annoying. Most of these aren't really collaborations, and the "big name author" may or may not have even read the ms and offered comments. But not even listing the "lesser" author is beyond the pale, in my opinion. I prefer "Based on the works of...<big name author>" instead. It just seems more honest. (I suppose "presented by <big name author>" is ok.)

I understand sometimes first books by new authors are rewritten by other authors, too, but I don't know how much that happens these days.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote