View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Mr. Duckee is right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Robertb, I have a quick question about charging the Pocket Pro... you've mentioned charging it overnight, but I've read it only takes a few hours to charge it. Once it's fully charged, why does it need to continue charging before being used? I don't know much about technical things, so maybe this is just something you need to do with all electronics and computers... but I've been curious. When I'm able to get mine, it will be hard to be patient for a whole nuther day to wait while it charges!
Dear Davimee:

The Ducks is a valuable source of Knowledge. Trust him!

We always say "charge overnight" only because such full charging can help the battery keep a charge better. Never fully trust any Battery Charge Life gauge. They are not flawlessly accurate anyway and are even worse when you first get a unit. It takes a while for the gauge to "learn" from the battery. I use my gauge purely to know approximately when to charge. When it gets down to just less than 1/2 full... I recharge!

What I have learned is that any eBook Reader, including the Pocket PRO, acts weird when the charge gets low. It can freeze or hang up or turn pages slowly. 99% of any problems with the Pocket PRO can be traced to a low charge in my humble opinion!

So, with anybody who is just receiving the unit... before they freak out thinking they got a bad unit... charge overnight. You do not need to do this really overnight. You can do this in about 7-8 hours during the day.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote