View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #109
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I do urge you to give yourself permission to abandon a book that's not to your taste. You have no obligation to the author to finish it just because you've started it.

I did not actually hate Salems Lot, finished YAH. But it did not love it. I have made myself a promise that any book I hate ie Shades Of Grey I start again I will just ditch. I mean how insane was I to read all 3 Shades books telling myself with all that talk they had to get better.
It is part of my 2013 xhallenge to myself, if I hate it ditch it. My next step will be allowing myself to read more than 1 book at a time, I feel this will push the ones I am not totally in love with into the ditch pile.

I know pretty lame needing steps to break a life long bad habbit

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote