View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #47
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I'm downloading those Baen books even though I already them. Just because. I'm surprised to see the books didn't inherit the titles from the print editions. I hope this isn't a trend for all the Baen books. Not having the reviews on both editions is a pain -- I like having those reviews available right there (yes, even the silly and useless reviews). Also, it makes the books look as if they came out of the blue, even if they are all by established authors. I hope eBook readers who don't know any better won't think that Baen is some new, unproven e-publisher.

It should be interesting to see how the whole "Baen eBooks on Amazon" thinige (Baen-a-Zon?) goes. I hope it works out well for Baen and the authors. I hope people stop posting those ridiculous one-star "The evil publisher didn't make this available for Kindle" reviews on Baen books!
Here is the announcement from Baen:

Quote:
Hi folks,

The following Baen Free Library titles are now available on Amazon's Kindle Store:

Bedlam Boyz
Caliphate
In the Heart of Darkness
Oath of Swords
On Basilisk Station
Starliner
Star Soldiers
The Course of Empire
The Creatures of Man
The Philosophical Strangler
The Sea Hag
The Warslayer
Time Traders

Please allow up to 48 hours for the Ebooks to fully propagate in all Amazon marketplaces. Additionally, linking to the dead-tree edition will take another 12-24 hours.
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote