View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #28
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by melajara View Post
Besides, it was also to compare pure black and white documents with a pdf page containing color. My understanding is that the color filter is applied only to the surface containing a color to render (hypothesis can be checked against pure b/w pages e.g. page 9 of the aforementioned pdf document).
So on the other parts (black and white or up to 16 shades of gray) the color filter should be transparent thus achieving a full 1600x1200 resolution on the not colored surface, ie the text).
I'm afraid not. As you can see in my post #20 above (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=20) the "white" background area still has the colour filters - they can't turn transparent (unfortunately). Admittedly to the naked eye they're pretty small but they still contribute to the background looking grey or speckled depending on how good your eyesight is.

Andrew
andyh2000 is online now   Reply With Quote