View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
I've noticed that when reading my Sony, I am less easily distracted than when reading a paper book. Maybe it is the screen that concentrates my attention; All you have is that minimalist design with only the next x lines of text there for you to read, no 300 other pages to browse through, no attractive cover or back cover to examine, no photographs, no bookmarks sticking out, nothing to heft or twist or bend or crinkle.

And yes, getting back to your point, I do find it to be a more linear experience.
Agreed. And when starting a new paper book with different size, font and layout, it adds to the confusion of first learning the story's environment; meaning situation and characters. With an electronic reader and books created in the same way and layout, you do get less distraction. To me the most frustrating part of a reading experience is losing the place I've read up to. Dropping a book is more frequent than accidentally pressing the numbered keys of a Sony Reader but both are as annoying.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote