View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #57
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
This isn't really Amazon's fault; but they could have ignored inline styles of course.

This is the reason why I buy EPUBs only. I use Modify Epub in Calibre to kill all custom fonts in all books at once (when I buy a series), and then I go through them one by one, removing "font-family" from the CSS. Should a publisher use style="font-family: blabla;" in each paragraph, I can kill that with a search and replace, or a regular expression, if need be.
You can do exactly the same thing with AZW3, of course, in Calibre. There's really no benefit to ePub in this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote