View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
So, how does it work, then? I have a mobi id registered at Fictionwise and it uses that to create the books. Then I just drop them on an Applescript. Where do I put the ID in for Amazon books?
You don't "put" the id anywhere. When you buy a kindle book for your Kindle it is encrypted with the PID determined from the Kindle serial number. The kindlepid script allows you to get the Mobi PID by passing in your Kindle's serial number. Once you have that any Kindle books (not Topaz) you d/l to your PC for you Kindle you can use mobidedrm passing in the PID that kindlepid gave you and it will decrypt the ebook.

So, you can create an AppleScript with your Kindles PID in it and just drop your kindle books on it... it should work just the same.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote