View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
I used to carry a pda (LCD) in my shirt pocket. I was sitting at a table in the library and when I leaned forward my shirt pocket thwocked against the table == cracked screen and no more PDA.

So I don't really think either LCD or e-ink are especially kid-proof as long as they have a glass substrate. I suspect that bigger screens are more breakable, so if you feel you have a really careful 11 yr old (or at least one less clumsy than me) I would consider one of the smaller screen devices like the Etaco Jetbook or the EzReader Pocket Pro.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote