Thread: Firmware 3.2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #67
anavin
Enthusiast
anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O
Hello,

Just updated my Kobo Glo to 3.2.0 and I'd like to say something about it:

I'm a Taiwanese, which means I sideload a lot of Chinese books, and since we are the last country using vertical layout Chinese in the world*, I manually edit my books to be vertical-right-to-left layout.

It is okay until firmware 2.9.0 came, and text selection on my sideload books is malfunction: I can't select any words aside from top of a page, and when I finally select something, another touch on screen deselect everything. Which means I can't highlight texts, can't use dictionaries, not to mention the new features since 2.9.0 (wikipedia, pocket, etc.). So until 3.2.0 I'd been using a downgraded version of firmware.

Anyway I find that the problem does not exist on 3.2.0 anymore: I can select text again! Now that's the first time I feel really satisfied to the Kobo team's works!

*every other Chinese-speaking countries (or zones, whatever) use horizontal layout -- China, Hong Kong, Macau. Kobo supports vertical layout, thanks to the Japanese, who are also using it. BTW this is exactly the main reason why I choose a Kobo reader -- a reader supporting vertical-layout epub.
anavin is offline   Reply With Quote