View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #14476
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
@CRussel, I also enjoy the Phryne (pronounced Fry knee) series by Greenwood and agree generally with your comments.

Earlier this year the Aus Broadcasting Commission aired maybe half a dozen of her early Phryne novels in 1 hour telemovie format. There have been some character changes (for whatever reasons) and the wonderful Mrs Butler and her even more wonderful meals are not part of it.

The reviews were somewhat mixed, but I thoroughly enjoyed viewing them!!

I don't know if you're aware but Greenwood also writes about a contemporary sleuth in the form of the Corinna Chapman series, an inner city Melbournian baker and her Private Investigator partner.

These books deal with the Melbourne of today, as opposed to Phyrne's 1920's.

Personally, I'm a 1920's lover so they're my favourites.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote