View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Here is the source sample Word doc. The brightly coloured Heading styles I've used are only to try to make it clearer which Headings are in use.

As Calibre will not convert doc files, I prefer to save the .doc file as an HTML file before importing to Calibre, but in this case I saved as RTF as I wasn't sure whether you were comfortable with HTML.

In either case the conversion settings for the earlier EPUB were:
Code:
Structure Detection - Detect Chapters at - //*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']
Structure Detection - Chapter mark - pagebreak
Structure Detection - Insert pagebreaks before - //h:h3

Table of Contents - Level 1 TOC - //h:h1
Table of Contents - Level 2 TOC - //h:h2
Table of Contents - Level 3 TOC - //h:h3

Look & Feel - Extra CSS - h3 {display:none}
If you want to remove the Part and Chapter 'leader' pages then try substituting the following for the blue equivalents:

Code:
Structure Detection - Chapter mark - none

Look & Feel - Extra CSS - h1, h2, h3 {display:none}
The slight problem with this is that if you click on a Part (level1) or Chapter (level2) in the TOC in the Calibre Viewer then, because there is no page to go to, you end up on the page before the one you want. However, in practice on both my ereaders, this is not a problem because if I click on a Level1 or Level2 item in a 3-level TOC, all that happens is the higher TOC item expands to show the lower level TOC items, i.e I can't get out of the ereader's TOC until I click on a Level3 TOC item and this sends me to the correct page.

I've attached an updated EPUB which used the red conversion settings.

Anyway I'm sure you'll have fun playing around until you settle on your preferred solution. Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: doc sacmem.doc (29.5 KB, 276 views)
File Type: epub sacmem2.epub (103.4 KB, 254 views)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote