View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
New Sigil development blog

I've been convinced (don't ask) that I should create a development blog for Sigil. Apparently it's a "great way to connect to one's users". We'll see.

Anyway, here it is: http://sigildev.blogspot.com/

It won't be high-volume, I'm guessing about a post a week, tops. It will vary depending whether I have the time and something interesting to say.

It will also be a place for posting any pertinent news, like for instance information about new releases. The release threads are hardly the way to go about it, since not everyone has an account on MobileRead (or is inclined to create one to post).

But the major reason for the blog is the ability to inform you about how the current release is progressing, what's being done (and why) and how it's being done. Tracking the live ChangeLog only goes so far. It also enables me to go into greater detail on certain changes/bug fixes/features or their design. For instance, the Find&Replace dialog went through several design iterations before I chose the final one. Wouldn't it be nice if you could have seen some screenshots? Maybe voted for one design over the other? Threads only go so far, and it's hard for new users to find/browse them when they drop off the radar.

In the end, this is an experiment. It may work and bring value to the users, or it may not. Here's to hoping it does.

Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote