View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #751
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by danilo93 View Post
... I wanted to ask you if you could teach me how did you discover this parameters:

-cbox3-o .7,.6,5.6,8.3 -cbox1,2-e 2.3,.5,6,8.5

?

How did you calculated crop boxes, or margins for these 6 pages? Can you teach me how to do it myself? Also, I would like to learn how to write this -cbox command from above. Can you explain it, pls?
@Danilo93 -- As I said in an earlier post, the -cbox option is fully explained on my command-line options page, but I'll give some examples below. I figured out the crop dimensions for your file using some of my own tools, but you could fairly easily figure it out by adding -mode crop to the "Additional Options" box and then iteratively trying different values for the crop box and clicking the Preview button after each change. (The -mode crop will cause the preview to show you the exact cropped regions). Not nearly as easy as Briss, but that's as good as I can offer.

The syntax of -cbox is -cbox<pages> <top>,<left>,<width>,<height>

So, for example,

-cbox2-10e 3,4,5,7

... will apply the crop box to pages 2 through 10 on even pages only (the 'e' means even pages only), and the crop box will start 3 inches from the left side of the source page, 4 inches from the top of the source page, and be 5 inches wide x 7 inches high. If you prefer to use fractions of the source page size, you can put an 's' after each dimension, e.g.

-cbox 0.1s,0.12s,0.8s,0.75s

... will apply a crop box that starts 10% of the source page width from the left side of each source page, 12% of the source page height from the top of the source page, and the width will be 80% of the source page width and the height will be 75% of the source page height. Because no pages were explicitly set for this crop box, it will apply to all pages.

Be careful that you don't put any spaces except just the one between the page range and the comma-delimited dimensions.

Last edited by willus; 03-13-2014 at 10:46 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote