View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 02:19 AM   #18
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
I am always blown away (and horribly jealous) that so many people view those screen images of the paperwhite as normal and not an issue. i am unfortunately one of those people who see all kinds of hues on the screen and discoloration of pinks and blues. i really want to love the paperwhite but my eyes pick up everything. there was someone on an earlier thread who said "don't trust subjective measures, trust objective ones" then gave some statement about the image being completely normal. i have to disagree wholeheartedly. the e-reader experience should be very subjective to each individual user so that he/she can find something that works to maximize reading pleasure (i have 20/20 eyes but seem to have the unfortunate eyes that see the uneven colors. i also exchanged 6 times). i fully support the kindles and plan to continue to. but as of now, i think the paperwhite screens are absolutely awful reading in the dark. look forward to the 2nd generation.

as for your 10 year old, i say pick one up and let her play with it and decide on her own. only thing that matters is if the user is happy.

Last edited by feelmaroon; 04-28-2013 at 02:55 AM.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote