View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Happy Paperwhite owner!

I just got my Paperwhite! I was waiting patiently by the door. He usually gets here earlier but was running late.

First impressions. Wow it's so much heavier than my K4 and feels more heavier than my K3. I think it because it's so compact while the K3 is elongated. Compared to the K4 it's much thicker and hefty feeling. Compared to my KFv1 it's very light.

Warning: When you first turn the PW on for the first time the light will be all the way up. Still seeing spots here. It wont let you turn it down till after the setup and tutorial. Way too bright! I found 10 acceptable at first but now have it at 8.

The first thing I did was look for discoloration. I see none. Yay! I then took it into my closet of a bathroom that has no windows and turn out the lights. I was really happy with how nice it looked in the dark. Next I checked for specks and not a one.

I then had to play with the font settings. I am disappointed with how Baskerville and Palatino render on the PW. I was looking forward to trying them out. I love Palatino but on the PW it looks smooshed I do like Futura and it renders nicely. The fonts are not even close to being black like my K4B or K3. They remind me of my K4S but a tad lighter. However the light on the PW makes up for it so it seems to balance it out.

This is my first Touch eInk eReader so I was happy to find out the keyboard has autocorrect! I don't remember reading about it. It's also has a nice response time and easy to use compare to my tablets. I like it!

My only issue is not all my PDocs are showing in the cloud. Anyone else have this problem? When I went to download the latest one sent it wasn't there. I had to send it from the MYK page. I'll keep and eye on it.

I was a little worried about the new ad page but a tap at the bottom brings it back to my book. So it's not really an issue.

I also bought the Kindle Leather cover in Black for the PW. I got it for 40% off! It's a really nice cover. Adds a little bit of weight but the auto sleep feature makes it worth it. No more having to fight with the little button like I do on my K4B to wake it up. I love the outside texture on the cover. It makes it nice to hold. It took some pressure to snap the PW in place but it fits snugly. I don't think I will be reading the PW without it anytime soon.

All in all so far I am very happy. I have not went to my Favorite reading spot and tried to read yet but I can say after all the issues and threads I am happy I got one that has a good screen.

I will mention with my eyes when I turn on the PW I see pink shadowing that moves down the page. It goes away after awhile. I know this is my eyes and not the reader as it's moving. I don't think my eyes know what to make of a front lit type light. It's use to LCD. I am really sensitive to light so this is my only concern. I think my eyes will eventually adjust. I hope.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote