View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I've read five. Weirdly, I just yesterday mentioned Delany and Stapledon as major(ish) SF writers I hadn't read.

Are there really any SF readers who haven't read Dune? I can see the list is intended to be challenging or otherwise off-putting books that people might choose to miss, but there's no way I'd put Dune down as one of those.
I haven't read it, but I'm not an avid SF reader. I've read some SF and enjoyed a lot of what I've read, but I'm sadly missing a lot of pre-requisites when it comes to involving myself in SF discussions.

Of the list, I've only read 1984. In the past year I've made an effort to catch up on some Sci-Fi I should have read by now, but this list has nothing to do with what I think I should read.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote