Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #88
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Every morning another patch, you do not need sleep, don't you?
Let's say that I tend to be most productive at unusual times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
So your patch and vaniaspeeds hide folder hack have to be used in combination for those who whant to hide titles as well.
Probably yes. The Kindle is designed to be a consumer product, and a "single-user" one. It wasn't developed with too many security concerns (regarding the user accessing it) in mind, and in principle, I agree with that philosophy (note: for this kind of device).

Supporting true multi-user mode would be a tremendous effort, and the inherently required added complexity could easily scare away the average user.

So: don't give your Kindle to people that you don't trust. For device access control, use the built-in device PIN protection. For restricting access to a specific item, use this patch. For completely hiding the "Read and Masturbate" item from the UI, vaniaspeedy's hack might, or might not, be the solution (I admit I never tried it).

In any case, don't rely on any of these methods for your privacy. All of them can be easily circumvented by simply plugging the Kindle into a computer.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-20-2012 at 05:53 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote