View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
It may seem like I'm not answering the specifics of the original poster's second request. What I'm doing is giving something so much broader, more akin to the first request.

The specific request was e-books from Calibre on a PC to Aldiko on a smartphone. What I gave was the potential for any file on a PC to be moved to any kind of device anywhere in the world--and it's not software-specific to just Calibre and Aldiko, nor Android for that matter. This is such a universal tool that it's valuable for people to at least consider it alongside a specific application. It's quite possible--even more than likely--that people have never even heard of such a service.

It's opportunistic on my part, but anyone using those links gets 10x the benefit I do. I'm also the kind of person that enjoys telling people about products and services that I find extremely useful--not to mention recommending good books that I've read. I've even been known to make a book recommendation that wasn't always within the parameters of the original request, but which may be a good fit for the one asking for suggestions.
No, it's pretty much irrelevant. You don't need something like dropbox to transfer files. These postings you made here are as you say "opportunistic."

Almost as bad as commercial advertising.